Sunday, June 30, 2013

My book "Tomar La Iniciativa" and the Univision experience

Just before the interview at Univision. Don't I look nervous?

I still can't believe I was on Univision with Jorge Ramos when the English version of my latest book Take the Lead, was published. (I had no idea at the time that a Spanish version Tomar La Iniciativa would be published this year.) I was also invited to talk about the US economy and other news at the time on Univision's Sunday morning program, AL PUNTO. It was the first time I ever had professional makeup for an appearance. (The network had a sweet makeup artist) and it was the first time a car was sent to pick me up and drive me to and from the hotel and network. I remember how nervous I was because pretty much everyone in my family watches Univision Sunday mornings but I also had the jitters because talking about the economy and the unrest in Egypt in any language is difficult enough in English so imagine doing it in another language like Spanish And although the interview was 7 minutes long, it was an experience I will never forget. Muchas gracias Univision.

1 comment:

  1. Hasta hablas exacto a mi hijo. Nuestra nueva generacion. Muy orgulloso!!!

    ReplyDelete