Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top 100 sitcoms via math

What are your top sitcoms of all time? Everyone will have a different list but what if there was a way to create a ranking using math?  I wrote a story on a new book The Top 100 American Situation Comedies: An Objective Ranking by former Sun Sentinel TV critic Tom Jicha and University of Miami communications professor Mitchell Shapiro that ranks the top comedies using a math formula.  Check out the top five in the story and see if you agree with the authors.

As for my personal list, I was never a big fan of sitcoms. I was more partial to light-hearted dramas such as the Hallmark Channel's Cedar Cove series, former NBC series Providence, ABC's Brothers and Sisters and Charlie's Angels and CBS' Touched By Angel (which I still watch in reruns on The Up Network and on DVDs from Netflix.)  The above choices may explain why I tend to watch these shows alone so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment