Friday, December 18, 2015

My Miami Must-Sees

I love playing tourist in my hometown of Miami because I'm a natural wanderer, because I roam, around-around-around-around. (insert Dion's classic song here.) 

Whether I'm running, cycling, taking a stroll or driving around, I enjoy finding hidden nooks and things to do in South Florida and then sharing them.

I recently wrote a Miami guide for Zipcar, the online car rental company, about must-see places and events when you think you've seen it all in the 305 and 786. These are things I've done or heard about and then did them.

This follows another Miami guide I wrote that focused on what to do in three cool neighborhood hangouts such as Wynwood, Brickell and Miracle Mile in Coral Gables.

And I also headed south for another guide on what to do when in Islamorada in the Florida Keys. (The Netflix series Bloodline is filmed down there but I didn't catch them shooting when I drove down. Chucks!)

Follow the links and see if you've been to any of the spots that I highlighted. Or if you ever come down to Miami or Islamorada, I hope the guides may be useful.

(the Zipcar photo above is from the pier at Miami Beach's South Pointe Park, a great place to Zen-out, watch the cruise ships glide by and families fish -- or to write a travel guide.)



No comments:

Post a Comment