Monday, June 11, 2018

The rise of all woman-anchor teams

Roxanne Vargas and Sheli Muniz are NBC6's morning team.
I watch a lot of TV especially in the mornings because (super big yawn) I wake up at 6 to start my 7 a.m. shift.

And lately, I've noticed that most of the morning anchor teams in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale TV market are led by women. Even the morning the meteorologists are mostly women.

Is this a trend, a coincidence or a little of both?

I began looking into this and wrote a news feature about the trend for my paper, the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

From my story, "the local morning dominance of female broadcasters reflects an increase in the number of women studying communications and working in TV news across the country, media and marketing experts say."


WSVN-Ch. 7's morning anchor team.

No comments:

Post a Comment