Wednesday, November 25, 2020

One Year at The New York Times

I can't believe that I recently marked my one-year anniversary at The New York Times where I am a reporter on the Express Desk. We cover a mix of national, politics, business, sports and international news, stories that appeal to a broad online audience.
It's been a wild, fun ride covering mostly breaking news (police shootings, wildfires, hurricanes), serious stories about race (the removal of confederate statues and symbols), viral stories (fat bears, shark attacks, ancient gators) and profiles (a super ambitious Florida valedictorian.) My stories are published online but some trickle into the print edition (and I can't resist saving those pieces as you'll see below. My backpack is filled with copies of my print stories.) Here are some highlights from the past year beginning with Mystery Shipwreck Dates to Before Revolutionary War, Researcher Says
Cuffing of Black Miami Doctor Was Justified, Review Finds
Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Officer Shoots and Kills a Black Man
Great White Shark Kills Maine Swimmer in Rare Attack
The Votes Cast, a Fat Bear Is Crowned
New Hampshire Poet Laureate Lifts Her City’s Covid-19 Advisories
Dated 1920, a Postcard Finally Gets Delivered

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Johnny. I hope that you are staying healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Johnny, and may your recovery continue without any problems, Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again. The dreaded 25th of the month is almost upon us! I did not request as article last month, as per above. But I (and others) would love to have your thoughts on the events - as unbelievable as they were dreadful - of this month. We all hope you are well. Roderick

    ReplyDelete