Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shark invasion

When you live in South Florida, it's hard to escape sharks.

They're not just in the water prowling our shoreline. They're used as mascots for branding a school and radio station and as subjects for TV documentaries and news.

Tattoos too. (I've got one on my left shoulder.)

In light of Discovery's Channel Shark Week which launched this week,  I wrote a fun fin story about how sharks invade our culture all the time.

The design for the story literally jumps off the page.

























And not part of the story but just as colorful is a picture of my fading shark tattoo on my left shoulder.  I got it in my 20s because growing up in South Florida, I've always been fascinated by sharks. I think they represent strength and mystery and there's still a lot we don't know about these creatures.





No comments:

Post a Comment