Friday, March 9, 2018

Six Neckties a finalist

I'm as happy as a wedding guest about to catch the bridal or groomsman bouquet.

I learned this week that my sixth novel, Six Neckties, is one of the finalists in the Gay Romance category for The Lammys. That's the annual awards in gay and lesbian literature organized by the Lambda Literary Foundation.

I think this novel is probably the most romantic of my six books.

The book brings back Cuban-American journalist Tommy Perez who finds himself being the best man or groomsman at his friends' weddings in Boston, Provincetown and Key West. But with each occasion, he goes back home to Ogunquit with another necktie. (Hence the title.) But when he meets a cute photographer at one of the weddings and then a handsome guest house manager in Ogunquit, Tommy must decide whether he is really ready for love again.

It's a fun summer read and I truly enjoyed writing the story. And I'm excited that it's getting a little love from Lambda reviewers, editors and members. Whether it wins the category or not, I'm just grateful that people have enjoyed the book and have taken the time to read it.




No comments:

Post a Comment