Thursday, April 24, 2008

Felicidades: It's a paperback

Sometimes, when you least expect it, something good happens.
Boston Boys Club (May 2007), and Miami Manhunt (July 2008)will have a literary sibling.
My third novel, Beantown Cubans (working title) has been sold and will be published in mid-2009.
This book is a sequel of sorts to Boston Boys Club but with a new narrrator named Carlos, a Cuban teacher from Miami who moves to Boston to start over. The other narrator: Tommy Perez, the newspaper reporter from the first book, returns as well but serves as a secondary character helping Carlos adjust to Cambridge and his new job in Dorchester. The book celebrates their friendship, their Beantown brotherhood, but also follows the different paths they take as they mourn old relationships and forge new ones. I'm very proud of the news and wanted to share it with visitors to this teeny tiny little blog, which will have to eventually be renamed to something other than Beantown Cuban.

10 comments:

  1. Great news!!! Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That must feel great. I just read your first book over the weekend and enjoyed it. I also enjoyed your post from Monday. It's inspiring something that I am going to write for my own blog. We're polar opposites. You're the Miami Cuban in Beantown and I'm the Beantown Gringo in Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicidades, Johnny! You are on quite the publishing roll! Can the film versions be far behind? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icess: Muchas gracias. I can't wait to see your name on a book.

    Kenneth: Ditto on the above! I already know the title: Kennethinthe212

    Glenn, Matt and VPO: Thank you for your support and keeping up with this little blog.

    Ann: My dear "sister chica," super muchisma gracias. I feel like your sister chico! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johnny,
    It's gonna get there soon, I hope. And when it does, party in Louisiana, BIG TIME! And of course you're invited. Look out for your invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey...

    What's going to happen with Ray and Ronnie? They moved to Boston too.

    =o)

    ReplyDelete