Saturday, July 19, 2008

Miami Manhunt and Fort Lauderdale Manhunt, the readings




I want to thank everyone who came out last Thursday to attend my first South Florida reading for Miami Manhunt at Books & Books in Coral Gables (where three of the chapters take place.) Actually, a majority of the book takes place in Coral Gables and Miami such as Versailles restaurant, La Carreta and Miracle Mile because I lived there before moving to Boston.) I also want to thank fellow journalists and readers who stopped by Saturday for my reading at Borders in Fort Lauderdale. It was a lot of fun reading the first few pages of the book outloud and it was great to see familiar and new faces. Below are some photos from both events.

From Books & Books in Coral Gables:


(Standing with Carlos, who took this photo)











(to the left: My sister Cary with me at the reading. She took the photos and drove my parents and I.)










(below, my parents sitting back.)















Photos below from my reading at Borders in Fort Lauderdale on July 20.














(Below: The talented Ms. Hannah Sampson from The Miami Herald in Broward)








(photo above with Jon Schwenzer of NLGJA, who was kind enough to take photos of the reading.)

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed it. I love the books! My friends and I could relate to soo much...

    Hoping to see more in the future...

    Dale!

    =o)

    Raul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raul.
    Can you email me your contact information, so I can add it to my reader's list? If I have any other readings down there, I can keep you informed of future events.

    muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This past weekend, I saw "Miami Manhunt" prominently featured with other new books at the Ft. Lauderdale Borders.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete