The finals, which aired on Fox affiliate WFXT-Ch. 25, drew 1.4 million viewers in Game One Oct. 23. In fact, the five most-watched programs that week belonged to the Red Sox. (That's almost like everyone in Boston proper, Cambridge, Brookline and Somerville had their TV sets tuned into the finals.) That's (Green) monster ratings!
Also of note, AMC's "Walking Dead" ranked #19 with 206,000 total viewers tying with a "Big Bang Theory" special and "How I Met Your Mother." And NCIS from CBS was the most watched scripted series after the Red Sox games.
Here's the list of most watched programs in Boston from Oct. 21-27, according to Nielsen.
1. WFXT-FOX World Series Game 1 1.491 million
2. WFXT-FOX World Series Game 2 1.3 million
3. WFXT-FOX World Series Game 4 1.2 million
4. WFXT-FOX World Series Game 3 1.1 million
5. WFXT-FOX Pre-Game 4 Coverage 1 million
6. WFXT-FOX OT show 477,000
7. WFXT-FX NFL Sunday Game 2 452,000
8. WBZ-CBS NCIS 403,000
9. WHDH-NBC The Voice 309,000
10. WCVB-ABC Dancing w/ The Stars 301,000
And for the most recent Miami-Fort Lauderdale market ratings check out my list here and here on South Florida Sun Sentinel.