1. WPLG-ABC Game 4 892,000
2. WPLG-ABC Game 5 787,000
3. WPLG-ABC Game 3 753,000
4. WPLG-ABC Pre-Game 3 332,000
5. WPLG-ABC Pre-Game 4 264,000
6. WSCV-ABC La Voz Kids 193,000
6. WPLG-ABC Pre-Game 5 192,000
8. WSVC-TEL La Patrona 178,000
9. WSVC-TEL La Patrona 160,000
9. WPLG-TEL Pre-Game show 158,000
9. WSCV-TEL Pasion Prohibida 156,000
update: Thursday night's NBA finals with the Heat winning drew on average of 1.216 million total viewers (with a 28.4 rating point) in Miami/Fort Lauderdale. That means that 28.4 percent of all TV homes in the market were tuned into the game.
While the Heat burn up the ratings in South Florida, the Bruins and the Red Sox are heating things up in Boston. Sports along with reruns of CBS's scripted programs and fresh episodes of NBC talent shows round out the top 10 for the same week.
2. NBCS NHL Stanley Cup 904,000
3. WBZ-CBS 60 Minutes 258,000
4. WBZ-CBS Big Bang Th. 239,000
5. WHDH-NBC The Voice 234,000
6. NESN Major League BB 226,000
7. WHDH-NBC AGTalent 224,000
7. WHDH-NBC The Voice 223,000
7. WBZ-CBS NCIS 221,000
10. NESN ML BB 216,000
For last week's round up, click here.
Aside from basketball, is WPLG generally dominant in the Miami market?ReplyDelete
Interesting how WCVB doesn't factor AT ALL in the Top Ten (for reasons you mentioned last week), but do you know its highest placement for the week?
Hi Terrence! Welcome back :)ReplyDelete
In Miami, WSVN-Ch. 7 (the sister station of WHDH-Ch.7 in Boston) is the dominant station, followed by WPLG.
WPLG is a lot like WCVB in that it's the local legacy station.
In Boston for that week, WCVB came in at #11 with 204,000 total viewers for the NBA Final Game 5 and then again at #11 (it tied itself) with 202,000 viewers for NBA Final Game 4, and then #14 with ABC's Bachelorette with 194,000 viewers.
Ha! Thanks Johnny. It's always a pleasure to be here.ReplyDelete
Thanks for doing this again. I love reading about TV in your two home markets.
Are you a PLG loyalist?